Magnitude 8.2 [subject to review and confirmation]
- Date-Time: 2018-08-19T00:19:37.450Z (utc)
- Earthquake location: 18.165°S, 178.144°W
- Seismic Region: 13 – Fiji Islands Area
- Seismic Geo Area: 181 – Fiji Islands Region
- Earthquake depth: 559.6 km
- Tsunamigenic: YES (Note this does not means there was a tsunami, just that the earthquake has characteristics that could cause a tsunami.)
- Felt reports?: YES
- Status: Reviewed
- Event ID: us1000gcii
- Version Timestamp : 2018-08-19T00:39:02.344Z
Jump to Celestial Data
Jump to Space Weather
Event and Aftershocks
This link shows the event and any aftershocks during the following month using the IRIS Earthquake Browser [→] Historical Information
Mag 6+ events in region in the last 20 years ~500 miles radius of the event (Max 100) from IRIS [→]
(The current event may not appear for a few minutes or so after the time.)
The above events in the IRIS Earthquake Browser 3D viewer [→]
No claim is made as such that there is a connection to earthquake events between the positions of celestial bodies and/or the state of space weather however the data is provided for you to make your own observations on the possibilities and draw your own conclusions.
Celestial data to follow shortly.
Space weather images to follow shortly.