Automated Preliminary Details – subject to review.
Derived from Event Data Source: USGS See details below
Magnitude 6.0 [subject to review and confirmation]
USGS appear to have gone off course again. This is another event where they are showing Mag 6.0 on the web site but the moment tensor shows Mag 5.7 Mw. GFZ Potsdam and EMSC have it at 5.8 Mw and 5.9 Mw respectively.
- Date-Time: 2013-09-05T12:29:18.190Z UTC
- Earthquake location: 10.581°N, 86.047°W
- Seismic Region: 6 – Central America
- Seismic Geo Area: 770 – Off Coast Of Costa Rica
- Earthquake depth: 41.7 km
- Event ID: usb000jigi