Automated Preliminary Details – subject to review.
Derived from Event Data Source: USGS See details below
Magnitude 7.0 [subject to review and confirmation]
- Date-Time: 2013-08-30T16:25:03.160Z UTC
- Earthquake location: 51.711°N, 175.366°W
- Seismic Region: 1 – Alaska and Aleutian arc
- Seismic Geo Area: 70 – Andreanof Islands. Aleutian Is.
- Earthquake depth: 34.5 km
- Event ID: usb000jdt7
This seismograph plot show the Alaskan quake as recorded at the LA17 recorder at Bayou Corne in Louisiana. You can see that the ground movement had still not quite returned to normal after 4 and a half hours. This plot is band pass filtered 0.01 Hz to 1.0 Hz